Convert Your Laptop Into a Wireless Hotspot
5 Januari 2011 Tinggalkan komen
Source: Thanks to dunia-siber-amilia.com
But why would you want to convert your laptop into a hot spot? Imagine a situation where there are several people, probably attending a conference, but there is just one ethernetconnection. How could everybody connect to the internet? Simple, convert one of the laptops into a hot spot and share the single ethernet connection with everyone else.
Let’s see how to do that. It is actually much easier than you would imagine.
In Windows Vista:
* Connect the laptop to the internet using the ethernet cable.
* Open the control panel and go into the Network and Sharing Center.
* Set up a new connection called a wireless ad hoc network.
* Give it a name and setup the desired security options.
* Deselect Save this Network.
* Finally, click on Turn on Internet Connection Sharing.
* Now anyone can connect to your laptop’s Wi-Fi.
In Windows XP:
* Make sure your laptop is connected to the Internet using the ethernet cable.
* Go to Control Panel and open up Network Connections.
* Right-click on your wireless connection and select Properties.
* On the Wireless Networks tab, check Use Windows to configure my wireless network setting.
* Under Preferred networks, click Add, and name your network.
* Select shared, and provide a password.
* Click the Advanced button and select Computer-to-Computer (ad hoc) networks only.
* Go back to the Network Connections control panel and open the Properties dialog for your wired internet connection.
* Go to the Advanced menu and check the box next to Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection.
It looks like a lot of steps for XP, but when you actually do it, you would be up and running in a couple of minutes.
Pening dengan hutang kad kredit??? Ketahui rahsia urus kad kredit dengan efektif.